Opening day is on Sunday, June 2nd — less than a month away! Our market board and staff have been diligently working behind the scenes on getting everything ready for opening day of our ninth season, and we’d love to let you know about all the new things happening for the 2019 season!
2019 Season Vendors
Many of your favorite vendors are anxious to return on our June 2nd opening day with asparagus, rhubarb, strawberries, greens, meats, cheeses, eggs and so much more! We are pleased to welcome some new vendors this year including:
- Emerald Family Medicine (all-natural body products)
- Flying Onion Farm (vegetables and fruit)
- Frux Farm (garlic, pickles, sauces, and tinctures)
- Glasshaus Gardens (rare and exotic plants)
- Healing Earth (medicinal mushroom drinks)
- Heart & Bones Kitchen (paleo, vegan, allergen-free hot food)
- Hot Mama Salsa (salsa & tortilla chips)
- Lonesome Whistle Farm (oats, grains, popcorn, and flours)
- Rivelli’s Pizzelles (pizzelles – Italian waffle cookies)
- Roundhouse Foods (flavored hummus)
- Spice Pilgrim (ground spices and hand-blended teas)
- Stillweather Distillery (American-style Gin)
- Westward Whiskey Distillery (whiskey, rum, vodka and other spirits)
- For a complete list and description of this seasons vendors, visit our website.
New Volunteer & Program Coordinator
We are so excited to announce our new Volunteer & Program Coordinator, Anna Curtin! She has a decade of experience with market management, programming and outreach, and she believes markets are the ultimate connectors of people, business and community. From the first asparagus of spring to the last of winter’s root vegetables, Anna relishes eating the seasons and celebrating the food producers who keep us so well nourished.We couldn’t be happier to have such an experienced and enthusiastic person to fill this position!
You can meet Anna at our annual Volunteer Meet & Greet on Wednesday, May 15th at Woodstock Wine and Deli. Whether you’re a new or returning volunteer, we encourage you to stop by anytime between 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. to meet vendors, other volunteers, board members and staff. We’ll have snacks, beverages, information about volunteer opportunities, and sign-up sheets for market day volunteer shifts. Woodstock Wine and Deli is located at 4030 SE Woodstock Blvd.
For those of you that know our outgoing Volunteer & Program Coordinator, Peggy McCafferty, she will be at the Volunteer Meet & Greet, so stop by and say hi! She has transitioned to a board position and will be volunteering at the market throughout the season.
Board Members Wanted
Have you been looking for a new way to support your favorite neighborhood market? The Woodstock Farmers Market is accepting applications to join our Board of Directors. We are seeking dedicated and active members to help with fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. If you can attend one meeting a month and have an interest in fundraising, marketing, or community outreach, we’d love to hear from you.
We look forward to seeing you on opening day on Sunday, June 2nd!
Written by Emily Murnen, WFM Market Manager