The Woodstock Farmers Market’s Opening Day is on Sunday, June 7th, and even though the market looks a bit different this year, we are still so excited to be able to offer you the opportunity to shop with our amazing vendors.
Speaking of vendors…many of your favorite vendors are returning this season, and we are pleased to welcome some exciting, new vendors this year. Visit our website for a complete list and description of this season’s vendors
You can now preorder directly from several Woodstock Farmers Market vendors through the WhatsGood app! We accept credit cards, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits (SNAP), and Double Up Food Bucks as payment. Products now available for preorder include garlic, lettuce, plant starts, kombucha, and much more! More vendors are joining the app soon.
If you are interested in preordering, check out our website on how to preorder with your favorite vendors.
New Market Layout
Operating the Woodstock Farmers Market in a safe way is our top priority, which is why we are implementing a dedicated entrance and a dedicated exit this year. Our entrance will be on SE 47th, and the line will wrap around on Woodstock. Shoppers will be able to exit the market on Woodstock.
New Safety Guidelines
Having a dedicated entrance & exit is just one of the safety measures we are implementing. You can read about what we are doing to help keep everyone safe on our satefy guidelines.
We will continue to do everything we can to make our market the safest source of fresh, local food possible, but we need your help to make that happen. In addition to the policy changes that we are implementing, we’re asking the following of our customers:
- Maintain physical distance of at least 6′ between yourself and other shoppers, vendors, and staff
- Do not touch any products! Vendors will select the items for you
- Hand-washing and hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the market — please use them before & after shopping
- Eating at the market is not permitted — all foods are to-go only
- Consider online ordering from your favorite vendors to limit the amount of time at the market
- Send only one member of your household to shop at the market, if possible
- Come prepared with a list of items to decrease the amount of time spent at the market
- After completing your purchases, please do not linger in the market space
- Wear masks while at the market
- Read signage at market and follow instructions — there will be entrances and exits to booths, and limits to the number of people who can be in a booth at one time
- Please do not come to the Farmers’ Market if you are sick or may have been exposed to COVID-19
Double Up Food Bucks
We have been offering SNAP matching since the 2012 season, helping an average of 40 households every week! Double Up Food Bucks (our SNAP matching program) helps those who need it most with gaining access to fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms right here in Oregon. With the help of the Farmers Market Fund and generous donations from many of you, we are able to offer $10 SNAP matching again this season.
We look forward to seeing you on opening day on Sunday, June 7th!
Written by Emily Murnen, WFM Market Manager